Smiling Coyote Farm is monitoring coronavirus guidance from local, state, and federal sources. We will respond accordingly and want to reassure our customers on a couple of points now.
- Smiling Coyote Farm is now and always has been a farmers' market and direct order/delivery operation. We have no retail presence and do no business with the public on our premises. Our materials, supplies, and products are never handled by anyone other than us.
- We have neither travelled nor had contact with anyone from outside the local area in 2020 and will not do so until the CDC declares it safe.
- We are taking all personal precautions--hygiene, sanitary procedures, social distancing, and the like--to keep our premises free of the virus. Should one or the other of us acquire the virus, Smiling Coyote Farms operations will cease immediately
- All current materials, supplies, and products are from either pre-coronavirus shipments or our own garden production from last year.
- We do not anticipate a need for incoming shipments in the near-term but should that change, we will decontaminate (wipe down) all incoming shipments and quarantine them off-site for 3 days prior to use.
- Smiling Coyote Farm will not participate in any public markets or events until advised by the CDC and public health officials that it is safe to do so.
- We routinely use masks and gloves in the preparation of our products and will continue to do so. Our supplies of masks and gloves are adequate for the foreseeable future.
- The owner/operator of Smiling Coyote Farm was trained as a Hospital Corpsman in the US Navy and worked in civilian hospitals for some years following discharge. In addition, we hold a current food handler's permit from the state of Texas. Therefore, we are experienced in sterile and sanitary procedures both environmental and personal. We are committed to safety.
Thank you for your continued support. Please be safe, protect one another, and keep it spicy!