We’re feature Smiling Coyote Farm Pure Chile Powder this week at the Canyon Farmers’ Market. Here’s a recipe that highlights its versatility, flavor, and usefulness beyond chili, Tex-Mex, or Mexican food. We’re going to grill these pork tenderloins, but you can easily adapt the recipe to your own method.
For the rub:
- 1 tablespoon Smiling Coyote Farm Pure Chile Powder
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-process or unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon dark brown or coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Smiling Coyote Farm Smoky Southwest spice blend
- For the tenderloins
- 2 pork tenderloins, 1 - 1 1/2 pounds each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the rub:Put all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
For the tenderloins:
- Remove silver skin, pat dry with paper towels. Rub well with olive oil, then apply rub evenly.
- Allow to rest 30 minutes on the counter or up to 24 hours refrigerated.
- Heat grill to medium (350°F - 375°F). If refrigerated, allow tenderloins to come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place tenderloins on grill. Cover and cook, turning every 5 minutes. Ready when evenly brown and internal temperature in thickest part is 145°F - 150°F. About 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from grill, allow to rest 5 - 10 minutes before slicing crosswise in 2-inch rounds to serve.